Monday, June 2, 2008

Are you wise as a mom?

Sometimes I ask myself, "I'm a wise mom or a clever mom." It's very hard to distinguish "wise" from "clever"
I want to be a wise wife and mom. Do you have any ideas about this notion? Please help me.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Ally,
That's a question that I can't answer because I don't have kids. I suppose that a wise mom gets her priorities straight. For example; which is more important, a child's school scores or a child's self-confidence? A wise mom has to think for the long term, not the short term....just my thooughts as an observer.

Grace(Jeong A) said...

Hi,Ally.
I don't think I'm a wise mother or a clever mother. But there is one thing coming to my mind ;" if you love someone, you should not stand too close. If you stand too close, neither of you can grow up because of each other's shadow...." That is not my word. I remember a poet called Kahlil Gibran said like this, not exactly, in his poem. He seems to be talking about the relationship between lovers, but I think there is no difference in the relationship between mother and children. I believe that our children have their own ability inherent in themselves for their lives.We need to believe in them, and pray.
They have lights in their mind from God, I believe.

nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi, Alley.
That seems to be the one of the most difficult questions. And it also used to be one reason that I was afraid of becoming mon at my early marriage life. Who can be confident that she herself is wise mom?

I'm not sure I ,who have no kids, can give any comment in you question. But I'd like to give my opinion about that.
I think wise mom should listen to their kids. She has to try to know what the kids think or want. And once she knows about that, she should let the kids do what they want. In short, don't enforce them to do what you want. Is it not easy one?

nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hanah said...

Grace! I like your idea... It also help me.Like Ally I got two sons who make me proud and come down. I think reading books related rasing kids is very helpful. I dropped a book store,and found several good books telling the way of guiding chidren and some of them are specifically telling about boys' education.